Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Maryland

>

Pocomoke City vicinity

>

Bishop Farm, McMaster Road, Pocomoke City, Worcester County, MD



See 26 maps of this location


Data Pages


Drawings


Item Title


Location
McMaster Road, Pocomoke City vicinity, MD

Find maps of Pocomoke City, MD


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS MD-311
Significance: The Bishop Farm, also known as the "Peacock House" or "The Chevron Brick-End House" was a typical eighteenth century Eastern Shore dwelling with the notable use of brick diapering. Of the original woodwork the great room had a paneled chimney breast and there were board partitions on the first and second floors. It is believed that the Bishop family owned the now demolished house.

Subjects
Houses


Related Names
Burns, John A., Delineator
Banks, Andrei, Delineator
Chandlee, Forman, Delineator


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Pocomoke City vicinity, Maryland