Proenty Road Bridge, Spanning Jennings Run at Proenty Road, Corriganville, Allegany County, MD
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Jennings Run at Proenty Road, Corriganville, MD
Find maps of Corriganville, MD
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER MD-109
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N43).
Building/structure dates: 1926 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1926
Building/structure dates: 1969 subsequent work
Significance: The Proenty Road Bridge is significant as one of three steel pony truss bridges remaining in Allegany County. These and other similar bridges were important in the growth of the transportation network in Maryland during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
Steel Truss Bridges
Pony Truss Bridges
Jones & Laughlin Steel
LeFevre, D. P.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW EAST, WEST ELEVATION
2. VIEW SOUTH, NORTH ELEVATION
3. VIEW NORTH, NORTH ABUTMENT
4. VIEW NORTH, WEST TRUSS, LOWER CHORD AND RAKERS
5. VIEW SOUTH, EAST TRUSS, TYPICAL LOWER CHORD CONFIGURATION
6. VIEW SOUTHEAST, EAST TRUSS, TYPICAL UPPER CHORD CONFIGURATION AT SOUTHEAST HIP VERTICAL
7. VIEW EAST, EAST TRUSS, TYPICAL UPPER CHORD CONFIGURATION AT SOUTHEAST HIP VERTICAL
8. VIEW NORTH, NORTH ABUTMENT AND NORTHEAST WING WALL WITH BEARING END ENCASED
Back to Corriganville, Maryland