Cabin John Aqueduct Bridge, MacArthur Boulevard, spanning Cabin John Creek at , Cabin John, Montgomery County, MD
Photo Caption Pages
spanning Cabin John Creek at, Cabin John, MD
Find maps of Cabin John, MD
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER MD-53
Building/structure dates: 1863 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1873 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1875 subsequent work
Significance: The 220-foot span of its single arch made it the longest of masonry construction until the concrete arches of the twentieth century.
Meigs, Capt. Montgomery C.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW LOOKING NORTHEAST SHOWING CONNECTOR BRIDGE IN FOREGROUND
2. SOUTH SIDE
3. DETAIL SHOWING SOUTHEAST END OF ARCH, SOUTH SIDE OF BRIDGE
4. DETAIL SHOWING SOUTHEAST END OF ARCH, NORTH SIDE OF BRIDGE
5. DETAIL SHOWING DATESTONE, BASE OF ARCH, SOUTHEAST END
6. GENERAL VIEW FROM SOUTHEAST SHOWING DECK OF BRIDGE
Back to Cabin John, Maryland