Wilson Estate, Building No. 15A, 9100 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Montgomery County, MD
See 27 maps of this location
9100 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD
Find maps of Bethesda, MD
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MD-1105-D
Building/structure dates: 1920 initial construction
Significance: This small residence was originally a neighboring house, dating from the 1920s, owned by Henriette Laura McCormack-Goodhurt. It was purchased by Helen W. Wilson in 1930 for use as a guest house by friends and family visiting the Wilson estate. Following her husband's death, she donated the house along with 14.43 acres to the NIH in May of 1938. NIH, which labeled the building 15A, used the house as the living quarters before eventually adapting it for use as office space. Building 15A, used only a short time as a secondary building to the Wilson estate, was a significant portion of the 1938 donation to NIH dedicated to the development of the Cancer Institute.
McCormack-Goodhurt, Henriette Laura
National Institutes Of Health
Smalling, Walter, Photographer
Williams, Paul K., Historian
Ewing, Heather P., Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Bethesda, Maryland