Public School No. 74, 220 Homewood Avenue, Baltimore, Independent City, MD
Photo Caption Pages
220 Homewood Avenue, Baltimore, MD
Find maps of Baltimore, MD
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MD-233
Building/structure dates: 1903
Significance: Public School #74 is significant as one of the finest Italianate designs used for an elementary school building in Baltimore. The diagonal orientation is also unique among school structures. It is significant that the school was designed by municipal employees, rather than a private architectural firm, which was the case with most public school buildings.
Kueppers, Ralph J., Photographer
Shoken, Fred B., Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW NORTHWEST, REAR PLAY AREA AND NORTHWEST BUILDING ELEVATION
2. VIEW NORTHEAST, SIDE PLAY AREA AND NORTHEAST BUILDING ELEVATION
3. VIEW SOUTHEAST, 22ND ST AND HOMEWOOD AVE.
4. VIEW SOUTHEAST, ENTRANCE DETAIL
5. VIEW SOUTHWEST, ENTRANCE DETAIL
Back to Baltimore, Maryland