King William's School, 10 Francis Street, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, MD
Photo Caption Pages
10 Francis Street, Annapolis, MD
Find maps of Annapolis, MD
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MD-260
Building/structure dates: 1696
Significance: Perhaps one of the oldest extant buildings in Annapolis, with a notable interior paneling.
Little Photo Studio
Pickering, E. H., Photographer
Boucher, Jack E., Photographer
McKee, Harley J., Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Historic American Buildings Survey E.H. Pickering, Photographer December 1936 KING WILLIAMS SCHOOL. FIRST FREE SCHOOL IN MARYLAND, PREDECESSOR OF ST. JOHN'S COLLEGE.
2. Historic American Buildings Survey E.H. Pickering, Photographer December 1936 KING WILLIAMS SCHOOL - PREDECESSOR OF ST. JOHN'S COLLEGE. FIRST FREE SCHOOL IN MARYLAND ESTABLISHED 1695. ATTENDED BY PARKE CUSTIS, STEPSON OF GEORGE WASHINGTON.
3. PERSPECTIVE VIEW OF NORTH AND WEST ELEVATIONS, TAKEN FROM FRANCIS STREET
4. MAIN ELEVATION, CLOSE-UP SHOWING PORCH WITH DECORATIVE SCROLLWORK, BAY WINDOW AND BRACKETED CORNICE
5. MAIN ELEVATION, CLOSE-UP OF WALL, SHOWING STUCCO MARKED TO IMITATE STONE JOINTING
6. REAR ELEVATION, SHOWING ORIGINAL GAMBREL ROOFLINE, NOW COVERED IN IN SHEET METAL
7. GROUND FLOOR, WEST ROOM, VIEW TOWARD FIREPLACE, SHOWING YELLOW PINE PANELING.
Back to Annapolis, Maryland