Isaac Small House, Old King's Highway & Highland Road, Truro, Barnstable County, MA
Photo Caption Pages
Old King's Highway & Highland Road, Truro, MA
Find maps of Truro, MA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MA-695
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-294).
Significance: This is one of the oldest, largest, and least altered houses in the Cape Cod National Seashore. It is classified as an historic structure, and is a good example of the traditional Cape Cod "double-house." Built and owned by a family of prominent farmers, it was one of the finest houses in Truro, and in 1798 was taxed on the maximum valuation.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW FROM THE SOUTHEAST (FROM FRONT LAWN)
2. VIEW FROM THE SOUTHEAST (FROM ACROSS ROAD)
3. VIEW FROM THE NORTH
4. VIEW FROM THE NORTHWEST
5. VIEW FROM THE SOUTHWEST
6. FIREPLACE WALL OF EAST ROOM
7. FIREPLACE WALL OF WEST ROOM
8. CHIMNEY WALL OF KITCHEN
9. CHIMNEY WALL OF ROOM IN WEST ELL
10. FIREPLACE WALL OF SECOND-FLOOR EAST ROOM
11. CORNER OF SECOND-FLOOR EAST ROOM
12. DETAIL OF ROOF FRAMING
Back to Truro, Massachusetts