Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home > Massachusetts > Concord > Wright Tavern, 2 Lexington Road, Concord, Middlesex County, MA



See 44 maps of this location


B&W Photos
Front And Side, Looking Southwest
HB523852
Front And Side, Looking Southwest
View From The East
HB523853
View From The East
Exterior From The North
HB523854
Exterior From The North
Front Doorway
HB523855
Front Doorway
Side Doorway
HB523856
Side Doorway
First-floor Window And Exterior Shutters
HB523857
First-floor Window And Exterior Shutters
Interior Staircase
HB523858
Interior Staircase
First-floor Southeast Fireplace Wall
HB523859
First-floor Southeast Fireplace Wall
First-floor Northeast Fireplace Wall
HB523860
First-floor Northeast Fireplace Wall
First-floor Southwest Fireplace Wall
HB523861
First-floor Southwest Fireplace Wall
First-floor Northwest Fireplace Wall
HB523862
First-floor Northwest Fireplace Wall


Data Pages


Drawings


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
2 Lexington Road, Concord, MA

Find maps of Concord, MA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS MA-553
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-316).
National Register Number: 66000793
Significance: Traditionally believed to have been built in 1747, this structure has two later additions to the north and west. Its first owner was Ephraim Jones, a captain in the militia, from whom Amos Wright took over the tavern in 1751 and ran it during its most notable associations: committees and members of the Provincial Congress, which met in 1774, were housed in the tavern; and on April 19th, 1775, it was occupied by both Minute Men and the British Expeditionary Force. It is currently owned by the First Parish Church of Concord.

Subjects
Taverns (inns)


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. FRONT AND SIDE, LOOKING SOUTHWEST
2. VIEW FROM THE EAST
3. EXTERIOR FROM THE NORTH
4. FRONT DOORWAY
5. SIDE DOORWAY
6. FIRST-FLOOR WINDOW AND EXTERIOR SHUTTERS
7. INTERIOR STAIRCASE
8. FIRST-FLOOR SOUTHEAST FIREPLACE WALL
9. FIRST-FLOOR NORTHEAST FIREPLACE WALL
10. FIRST-FLOOR SOUTHWEST FIREPLACE WALL
11. FIRST-FLOOR NORTHWEST FIREPLACE WALL


Back to Concord, Massachusetts