Camp Edwards, Building T-1229, Bourne, Barnstable County, MA
See 43 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Building T-1229, Bourne, MA
Find maps of Bourne, MA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MA-1249-C
Significance: Building T-1229 is significant as a relatively unmodified representative of a 700 Series Storehouse and Company Administration Building (Built Double). It represents one of eighty-three double storehouses constructed as part of the original 1940 Camp Edwards cantonment. The structure is one of 112 remaining World War II structures in the 1200-1300 blocks of the cantonment.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. EXTERIOR GENERAL VIEW FROM SOUTHEAST
2. PERSPECTIVE VIEW OF NORTH AND WEST WALLS
3. INTERIOR VIEW OF SOUTHEAST OFFICE, SOUTHWEST WALL
4. INTERIOR VIEW OF SOUTH STORAGE ROOM WITH DESK SHOWING SLIDING DOOR IN CLOSED POSITION
5. INTERIOR VIEW OF SOUTH STORAGE AREA SHOWING RAFTERS, WALL STUDS, AND SHEATHING
Back to Bourne, Massachusetts