Clarendon Plantation, Evergreen, Avoyelles Parish, LA
Evergreen vicinity, LA
Find maps of Evergreen, LA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS LA-1248
Significance: Clarendon Plantation House, located in Avoyelles Parish Louisiana was originally constructed circa 1842. Builder was Mr. Jonathan Koen. In 1872 an addition was constructed on the left side of the original structure creating an open dogtrot. The dogtrot and other minor alterations were made in 1967. Legend claims that William T. Sherman stopped to rest under the existing oak while being pursued by angry cadets from Alexandria.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Evergreen vicinity, Louisiana