U.S. Barracks, Building B, Riverside Mall at Spanish Town Road, Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, LA
Riverside Mall at Spanish Town Road, Baton Rouge, LA
Find maps of Baton Rouge, LA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS LA-1134-B
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N608; N792).
Building/structure dates: 1819 initial construction
National Register Number: 73000863
Significance: The Pentagon Barracks were built between the years 1819 and 1823 by the United States Army to provide quarters for officers and soldiers stationed at what was then the westernmost Army post in the U.S. Territories, Fort Baton Rouge. The post provided an arsenal and ordnance depot convenient to both northern and southern outposts on the southwestern frontier with Spanish Texas. The depot had previously been located in New Orleans.
Military Art & Science
Budd, Brian, Field Team
Everett, Brad, Field Team
Farmer, Melinda, Field Team
Guidry, Gunner, Field Team
Hoover, David, Field Team
Joubert, Eryn, Field Team
Kennedy, Margaret, Field Team
Lyons, Kelly, Field Team
Popadich, Thomas, Field Team
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Baton Rouge, Louisiana