William Guyn House, Mundy's Landing & Pauls Mill Roads, Troy, Woodford County, KY
Photo Caption Pages
Mundy's Landing & Pauls Mill Roads, Troy vicinity, KY
Find maps of Troy, KY
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS KY-97
Building/structure dates: 1844 subsequent work
Significance: The Guyn house is one of the significant structures in the family-operated 19th century farm and mill complex. // Greek Revival in main block. Aluminum siding over weatherboard. The lumber used in the Greek Revival portion may have been furnished by the Guyn family sawmill. The rear ell, which is the original portion, is constructed of half-dovetail poplar logs. Two-story main block with two-story rear ell, which includes a kitchen. The front facade is five bays wide.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW LOOKING SOUTHWEST, SHOWING FRONT SIDE (main block)
2. VIEW LOOKING NORTHEAST, SHOWING REAR SIDE
3. VIEW LOOKING SOUTHWEST, 3/4 ELEVATION OF HOUSE (the front faces east)
4. VIEW LOOKING NORTHWEST, 3/4 ELEVATION OF HOUSE
5. VIEW LOOKING SOUTH, SHOWING REAR SIDES OF THE HOUSE, ELL AND OUTBUILDINGS (ice house at left foreground)
6. VIEW LOOKING EAST SHOWING SIDE ELEVATIONS OF THE HOUSE AND ELL
7. ENTRY HALL AND STAIRCASE, FIRST FLOOR, LOOKING EAST. NOTE ARTIFICALLY GRAINED DOOR.
8. FRONT DINING ROOM WITH FIREPLACE
9. EXPOSED LOG STRUCTURE OF ORIGINAL PORTION (NOW REAR ELL)
10. BEDROOM WITH ARTIFICALLY GRAINED MANTEL AND DOORS, SECOND FLOOR, LOOKING SOUTH
11. MASTER BEDROOM WITH ARTIFICALLY GRAINED MANTEL AND DOORS, SECOND FLOOR, LOOKING NORTHEAST
Back to Troy vicinity, Kentucky