Pine Street Bridge, Pine Street (State Route 66) ,spanning Cumberland , Pineville, Bell County, KY
Photo Caption Pages
spanning Cumberland, Pineville, KY
Find maps of Pineville, KY
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER KY-12
Building/structure dates: 1929 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1985 demolished
Significance: The bridge derives its significance from its representative nature as an open spandrel deck concrete arch bridge and from its associations with the Luten Bridge Company and the historic Cumberland Ford crossing.
Concrete Arch Bridges
Luten Bridge Company
Yeager , H. M.
Luten, Daniel B.
Frey , F. T.
Louisville & Nashville Railroad
Pine Mountain Iron & Coal Company
Hornal, George, Photographer
Carver, Martha, Historian
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF WEST ELEVATION, LOOKING EAST, SHOWING ENVIRONMENTAL SETTING
2. VIEW OF EAST ELEVATION, LOOKING WEST
3. VIEW OF NORTH ARCH ELEVATION, LOOKING WEST (DOWNSTREAM)
4. VIEW OF SOUTH ARCH ELEVATION, LOOKING WEST (DOWNSTREAM)
5. OBLIQUE (3/4) VIEW SHOWING NORTHSIDE OF BRIDGE, LOOKING SOUTHWEST
6. BARREL VIEW OF SOUTHEAST END, LOOKING NORTHWEST
7. BARREL VIEW OF NORTH END, LOOKING SOUTH
8. VIEW OF LAMP POST, SHOWING ENTIRE CONCRETE PANEL, LOOKING SOUTHWEST
9. VIEW OF LAMP POST BASE, LOOKING SOUTHWEST
10. UNDER VIEW SHOWING DECK, ARCH, VERTICALS AND CROSSBRACES, LOOKING NORTH
11. VIEW OF DECORATIVE RAILING, EAST SIDE, LOOKING WEST AT INSIDE RAILING
12. VIEW OF BRIDGE PLAQUES, LOOKING FAST
Back to Pineville, Kentucky