Lee County Courthouse, Main Street, Beattyville, Lee County, KY
See 15 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Main Street, Beattyville, KY
Find maps of Beattyville, KY
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS KY-139
Significance: Originally built in 1873, this structure is significant historically as a courthouse and architecturally for its massive timber roof trusses. //1871-1873. Built by Pryse, Brandenburg, and MacGuire. Brick, with massive timber roof trusses and stone foundation. The front addition was made in 1916 by Green Kilburn. The rear addition was made in 1963. Demolished, April 1977.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. View of south (front) and west (side) elevation and area.
2. View of southwest corner.
3. South (front) elevation.
4. View of south (front) and east (side) elevation.
5. View of north (rear) and area.
6. View of north (rear) from roof of addition.
7. View of upper east (side) windows.
8. View of north (rear) of clock and tower.
9. Interior view of stairs to second floor from the south (front) of the courthouse.
10. Interior court room looking north.
Back to Beattyville, Kentucky