Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Kansas

>

Junction City

>

Junction City Depot, 410 East Tenth Street, Junction City, Geary County, KS



Drawings


Item Title


Location
410 East Tenth Street, Junction City, KS

Find maps of Junction City, KS


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS KS-62
Building/structure dates: 1890 initial construction
Significance: The Junction City (U.P.) Depot is a significant example of railroad architecture in a small Kansas agricultural town. It was designed by Henry Van Brunt, who also designed a number of other stations along the U.P. line. Van Brunt's line stations were generally designed with gambrel roofs, short cupolas, timbered or masonry construction, and Queen Anne detailing to give the stations a domestic feeling; and were to improve the railroad's reputation in the public's eye.

Subjects
Railroad Stations
Stone Buildings
Railroad Industry


Related Names
Van Brunt, Henry
Rasch, Mary, Delineator
Faires, Robert A., Delineator
Bishop, Tim, Delineator
Kampfe, Clark E., Delineator
Yoakum, Sue, Delineator
Fischer, David, Delineator
Hermes, Dale, Delineator
Klein, Clayton W., Delineator


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Junction City, Kansas