Jackson Fleming House, West end First Street, driveway Southwest of Warre, West Lebanon, Warren County, IN
Photo Caption Pages
driveway Southwest of Warre, West Lebanon, IN
Find maps of West Lebanon, IN
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS IN-232
Significance: The Jackson Fleming House was determined eligible for the National Register because it represented an unusual blend of architectural styles. The two story, square footprint with an asymmetrical floor plan and a strong influence of Italian Villa detailing is unusual for a rural dwelling in central Indiana. The original owner, Jackson Fleming, was the first physician in West Lebanon and owned portions of the land that the town was built on.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. General view, looking west
2. Front elevation, looking west
3. East front, north side perspective, looking southwest
4. Addition perspective, looking southeast. Note addition.
5. West and south side perspective
6. Addition perspective, looking northeast
7. Addition detail, looking northeast
8. Detail of east building front
9. First floor southeast room
10. First floor, central room looking east
11. First floor looking southwest into addition
12. Second floor, southeast bedroom, looking east. Note door finish.
13. Second floor, southwest bedroom, looking southwest
14. First floor, staircase detail, looking west
15. Second floor, looking southeast
Back to West Lebanon, Indiana