Pendleton Avenue Bridge, Spanning Fall Creek, Pendleton, Madison County, IN
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Fall Creek, Pendleton, IN
Find maps of Pendleton, IN
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER IN-95
Significance: The existing structure is a four span steel beam bridge(jack arch) constructed on masonry abutments and interior concrete piers. The bituminous over concrete deck is bordered by architecturally articulated concrete railings; aluminum guardrail extends along Pendleton Avenue from all four corners of the bridge. The bridge is nearly square to Fall Creek with the channel flow from the northeast to the southwest...
Steel Girder Bridges
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. South approach, looking north.
2. North approach, looking south.
3. South end, closeup view.
4. North end, closeup view.
5. Elevation, looking west.
6. Quarter view, looking southwest.
7. Quarter view, looking northwest.
8. Quarter view, looking northeast.
9. South abutment, looking southeast.
10. South abutment, looking northwest.
12. Center pier, looking south.
13. Center piers, looking west.
14. Railing and deck detail, northeast corner, looking southeast.
15. Railing detail, looking northwest.
Back to Pendleton, Indiana