Leatherwood Station Covered Bridge, Spanning Leatherwood Creek (moved to Billie Creek , Montezuma, Parke County, IN
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Leatherwood Creek (moved to Billie Creek, Montezuma, IN
Find maps of Montezuma, IN
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER IN-40
Building/structure dates: 1899 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1940 subsequent work
Significance: None, other than it being a covered, wooden bridge.
Moving Of Structures
Britton, Joseph Albert
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Southeast view of structure.
2. Southeast portal entrance.
3. South 3/4 view.
4. Portal entrance bracing details.
5. General inside view, showing upper wind bracing and ties, arch rings and truss framing.
6. General view beneath structure, showing arch rings and lower chords on stone abutment.
7. Arch ring and truss.
8. Splice in lower chord.
9. Detail view of truss, lower chord and arch ring bearing on stone abutment.
10. Splice of arch ring and connection of diagonals to verticals at upper chord.
11. Bolted floor beam connection to lower chord.
12. Connections at lower chord: diagonal to vertical, arch ring and lower chord and floor beams and verticals to lower chord.
13. Connection of lower chord and arch rings (note kerfs in arch).
14. Detail view of truss, lower chord and arch ring bearing on stone abutment.
15. Connection of vertical to lower chord (note kerfs in members
Back to Montezuma, Indiana