Michigan City Lighthouse, Washington Park, Michigan City, La Porte County, IN
Washington Park, Michigan City, IN
Find maps of Michigan City, IN
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS IN-99
Building/structure dates: 1857 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1904 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1971 subsequent work
Significance: The building served as a navigation lighthouse for shipping on the southern shore of Lake Michigan. It served in this capacity from 1858 until 1934 when a new facility replaced it.
Galleries & Museums
Michigan City Historical Society
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Michigan City, Indiana