Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Indiana

>

Indianapolis

>

Rink's Cloak House Building (Commercial), 29 North Illinois Street, Indianapolis, Marion County, IN



B&W Photos

HB469420
BWPhotos 335087

HB469421
BWPhotos 335088

HB469422
BWPhotos 335089

HB469423
BWPhotos 335090

HB469424
BWPhotos 335091

HB469425
BWPhotos 335092

HB469426
BWPhotos 335093

HB469427
BWPhotos 335094

HB469428
BWPhotos 335095


Item Title
BWPhotos 335095

Location
29 North Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN

Find maps of Indianapolis, IN


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS IN-217
National Register Number: 84001188
Significance: The Rink's Cloak House Building was constructed in 1910 for Joseph A. Rink, who founded the store twelve years earlier. The store operated in this six-story building until 1940, when it was remodeled for use as a "five and dime" department store until the 1970s. Indianapolis architect Adolf Scherrer utilized Chicago School fenestration and classical detailing in the design of main facade. The building was individually listed in the National Register of Historic Places on September 27, 1984.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Indianapolis, Indiana