Patrick Ford Bridge, Spanning Vermillion River on County Road 315 North, Humrick, Vermillion County, IN
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Vermillion River on County Road 315 North, Humrick vicinity, IN
Find maps of Humrick, IN
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER IN-99
Significance: The bridge is a two span reinforced concrete arch bridge designed by Daniel B. Luten and built by his construction company, the National Concrete Company, Indianapolis. Each ring of the 40 meter two span structure, rises 2.84 meters for a span length of 16.76 meters and, because it is raised vertically on the pier to increase the waterway area, is unsymmetrical. Few of Luten's bridges are unsymmetrical or have as much rise given in the span length...
Concrete Arch Bridges
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. View of north approach, looking south.
2. View of south approach, looking north.
3. View looking south, close-up.
4. View looking north, close-up.
5. View of east elevation, looking west.
6. View of west elevation, looking east.
7. Oblique view, looking southwest.
8. Oblique view, looking northwest.
9. Oblique view, looking southeast.
10. North abutment, looking north.
11. North abutment, looking southwest.
12. South abutment, looking southeast.
13. Center pier, looking south.
14. Surface detail, north end, looking south.
15. Rail detail, northwest corner.
16. Construction detail, center pier, looking east.
17. Construction detail, center pier cap, looking east.
18. Construction detail, showing lip, looking southwest.
19. Construction detail, underneath, north half.
Back to Humrick vicinity, Indiana