Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Illinois

>

Urbana vicinity

>

Blackberry School, 1725 North & 1700 East (country roads), Urbana, Champaign County, IL



Data Pages


Drawings


Item Title


Location
1725 North & 1700 East (country roads), Urbana vicinity, IL

Find maps of Urbana, IL


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS IL-1162
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-194).
Building/structure dates: 1869 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1894 subsequent work
0.1991
Significance: This site is the first settled area in Champaign County and contains 2 buildings over 100 years old. The Blackberry School was constructed in 1869 to serve the community with a schoolhouse for children and adults. The school functioned up to 1894 which it was moved from its original site to its current location. Later shed additions transformed the school to a garage/storage building for the farm.

Subjects
Schools
Storage Facilities


Related Names
Russell, Rob R., Delineator


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Urbana vicinity, Illinois