U.S. Army St. Louis Area Support Center, Granite City, Madison County, IL
Granite City, IL
Find maps of Granite City, IL
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER IL-17
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-5).
Significance: Constructed on reclaimed swampland during World War II, the installation served as a Corps of Engineers depot and housed engineer supply and maintenance schools from 1943 until war's end.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
Back to Granite City, Illinois