Rock Creek Bridge, Shoshone Street West spanning Rock Creek, Twin Falls, Twin Falls County, ID
Photo Caption Pages
Shoshone Street West spanning Rock Creek, Twin Falls, ID
Find maps of Twin Falls, ID
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER ID-21
Building/structure dates: 1920 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1954 subsequent work
Significance: The Rock Creek Bridge is exceptionally unique as one of only two viaduct-type highway bridges in the Idaho State Bridge Inventory. / In a historical context, the structure reflects the vast improvements in steel bridge technology which made timber bridge construction obsolete. Significantly enough, Twin Falls County records indicate that several of the old wood trestle bridges spanning Rock Creek were replaced with steel structures during the decade, 1910-1920.
Murray, R. M.
Mull, Charles H.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. ELEVATION OF ROCK CREEK BRIDGE, FACING NORTHWEST
2. ELEVATION OF ROCK CREEK BRIDGE, FACING NORTH
3. ELEVATION OF ROCK CREEK BRIDGE, FACING SOUTHEAST
4. ELEVATION OF ROCK CREEK BRIDGE, FACING SOUTH
5. NORTHEAST APPROACH TO BRIDGE, FACING SOUTHWEST
6. NORTHEAST APPROACH TO BRIDGE, RAILING DETAIL, FACING SOUTHWEST
7. SOUTHWEST APPROACH SHOWING RAIL DETAIL AND BRIDGE PLATE, FACING NORTHEAST
8. UNDERSIDE OF BRIDGE SHOWING SUPERSTRUCTURE AND TOWERS, FACING SOUTHWEST
9. UNDERSIDE OF BRIDGE SUPERSTRUCTURE, FACING NORTHEAST
10. UNDERSIDE OF BRIDGE SHOWING SUPERSTRUCTURE, TOWERS, CONCRETE FOOTINGS, AND ROCK ABUTMENT OF ORIGINAL CROSSING (PRE 1920), FACING SOUTHWEST
11. OBLIQUE ELEVATION SHOWING TOWERS AND UTILITY BRIDGE, FACING SOUTHWEST
12. VIEW FROM CANYON FLOOR LOOKING UP THROUGH BRIDGE DECK
Back to Twin Falls, Idaho