Silver City vicinity>
Florida Mountain Mining Sites, Lower Nottingham Mine, Western slope of Florida Mountain, Silver City, Owyhee County, ID
Photo Caption Pages
Western slope of Florida Mountain, Silver City vicinity, ID
Find maps of Silver City, ID
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER ID-31-E
Building/structure dates: 1880 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1890 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1900 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1910 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1920 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1930 subsequent work
Significance: The structures are associated with mining activity (1880s-1930s) in southwestern Idaho. The site is associated with John F. Sullivan and Robert Noble, two local mine owners.
Mines (industrial Facilities)
Sullivan, John F.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. LOWER NOTTINGHAM MINE. COLLAPSED ADIT/WOOD STRUCTURE AND BUILDING 'A' ON THE RIGHT EDGE OF THE IMAGE. COLLAPSED CABIN 'B' AND BUILDING 'C' IS ON THE LEFT SIDE. CAMERA IS POINTED SOUTHWEST.
2. LOWER NOTTINGHAM MINE. VIEW OF BUILDING 'A' ON RIGHT BELOW PINE, WITH PARTIALLY STANDING BUILDING 'D' IN LEFT CENTER. CAMERA IS POINTED WEST-NORTHWEST.
3. LOWER NOTTINGHAM MINE. BUILDING 'C' IS IN THE LEFT FOREGROUND. CABIN 'B' IS TO THE RIGHT. BUILDING 'A' IS LOCATED BENEATH THE PINE IN THE FAR RIGHT. BUILDING 'D' AND THE NORTHERN MOST TAILING PILE ARE ON THE LEFT. CAMERA POINTED NORTHWEST.
4. LOWER NOTTINGHAM MINE. DETAIL OF OBJECTS ASSOCIATED WITH CABIN 'B'; PIPE, WOOD, STOVE MATERIALS, AND COLLAPSED ROOT CELLAR IN CENTRAL AREA. VERTICAL, DARK PIPE IS VISIBLE IN CENTER/UPPER THIRD. CAMERA POINTED EAST.
5. LOWER NOTTINGHAM MINE. BUILDING 'D' CAMERA POINTED NORTHWEST.
6. VIEW OF LOWER NOTTINGHAM ACROSS ROOF OF BUILDING 'D'. TAILINGS PILES AND BUILDINGS 'B' AND 'C' VISIBLE IN CENTER. CAMERA POINTED SOUTHEAST.
Back to Silver City vicinity, Idaho