East Dingle Bridge, Spanning Bear River on Hunter Mill Road, Montpelier, Bear Lake County, ID
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Bear River on Hunter Mill Road, Montpelier vicinity, ID
Find maps of Montpelier, ID
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER ID-13
Building/structure dates: 1910 initial construction
Significance: The East Dingle Bridge is significant because it was built by a prominent western bridge contractor, Charles G. Sheely. The bridge was among the first of the steel bridges in southern Idaho. It has been evaluated as eligible for the National Register of Historic Places by the Idaho Transportation Department and the Idaho State Preservation Office.
Steel Truss Bridges
Sheely, Charles G.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF BRIDGE SITE, LOOKING FROM THE SOUTHWEST TO THE NORTHEAST
2. VIEW OF BRIDGE APPROACH, LOOKING FROM THE NORTHEAST
3. VIEW OF ELEVATION FROM DOWNSTREAM (NORTHWEST)
4. VIEW OF TIE BARS AND TENSION BARS, LOOKING FROM DOWNSTREAM
5. VIEW OF BOTTOM SIDE, LOOKING FROM WEST BANK
6. DETAIL VIEW OF UPPER CONNECTION
7. DETAIL VIEW OF ABUTMENT
Back to Montpelier vicinity, Idaho