Pugh Elevator, Mill & Warehouse, Montour, Gem County, ID
Photo Caption Pages
Mill & Warehouse, Montour, ID
Find maps of Montour, ID
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ID-41-A
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-38).
Building/structure dates: 1916 initial construction
See HABS No. ID-41 for written data.
Significance: The elvator, mill and warehouse complex makes use of reinforced concrete. / The elevator, mill and warehouse complex was erected in stages between 1916 and 1920, on land that Harvey Pugh had used for a lumber yard. The warehouse was built in 1916. The concrete elevators were begun in mid-1919, and excavations for the mill commenced in the spring of 1920. By July of that year, the mill was ready for a roof. Machinery in the mill Pugh acquired from a mill in Roseberry. Electricity was installed in June, 1921, and flouring operations began in mid-July, 1921.
Pugh, Harvey A.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL EXTERIOR VIEW OF WEST & SOUTH ELEVATIONS, LOOKING NORTH-NORTHEAST, (Hans Muessig, Photographer, March 1979)
2. EXTERIOR, NORTH ELEVATION (Robert Ryan, Photographer, April 1979)
3. EXTERIOR, SOUTH & EAST ELEVATIONS, LOOKING NORTHWEST (Robert Ryan, Photographer, April 1979)
4. EXTERIOR, SOUTH ELEVATION OF CONCRETE SECTION (Robert Ryan, Photographer, April 1979)
5. INTERIOR, BAGGING ROOM, LOOKING NORTHWEST (Sarah Dennett, Photographer, April 1979)
6. INTERIOR OF SILO SECTION, LOOKING NORTHWEST (Sarah Dennett, Photographer, April 1979)
7. WAREHOUSE INTERIOR, LOOKING EAST (Sarah Dennett, Photographer, April 1979)
Back to Montour, Idaho