Plowman Sawmill, North bank of Payette River, Montour, Gem County, ID
See 21 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
North bank of Payette River, Montour, ID
Find maps of Montour, ID
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ID-47
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-37).
Building/structure dates: 1896 initial construction
Significance: This substantially built structure originally housed a sawmill operation. Later it was converted to a barn.
Plowman, Kenna P.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. EXTERIOR, NORTHWEST & SOUTHWEST ELEVATIONS, LOOKING SOUTH-SOUTHEAST (Hans Muessig, Photographer, March 1979)
2. EXTERIOR, SOUTHWEST & SOUTHEAST ELEVATIONS, LOOKING EAST-NORTHEAST (Hans Muessig, Photographer, March 1979)
3. EXTERIOR, NORTHEAST ELEVATION (Sarah Dennett & Hans Muessig, Photographers, April 1979)
4. EXTERIOR, SOUTHEAST ELEVATION, LOOKING NORTHWEST (Hans Muessig & Robert Ryan, Photographers, April 1979)
5. INTERIOR, LOWER FLOOR BRACING DETAIL, LOOKING NORTHWEST (Robert Ryan, Photographer, April 1979)
6. INTERIOR, LOFT BRACING DETAIL, LOOKING SOUTH (Robert Ryan, Photographer, April 1979)
7. INTERIOR, LOFT, LOOKING NORTHWEST (Hans Muessig & Sarah Dennett, Photographers, April 1979)
8. INTERIOR, ROOF TRUSS, LOOKING SOUTH (Hans Muessig & Robert Ryan, Photographers, April 1979)
Back to Montour, Idaho