King Hill vicinity>
King Hill Bridge, Spanning Snake River at State Route No. 93808A, King Hill, Elmore County, ID
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Snake River at State Route No. 93808A, King Hill vicinity, ID
Find maps of King Hill, ID
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER ID-35
Significance: It is significant as a rare variation of a truss bridge combining overhead spans with a pony approach span. The structure is the most outstanding Idaho truss bridge built by the Minneapolis Steel & Manufacturing Company, a prominent national bridge firm. It gains further significance for its role in the early development of King Hill.
Steel Truss Bridges
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. NORTHWEST VIEW OF EAST SIDE OF KING HILL BRIDGE.
2. NORTH-NORTHEAST VIEW OF KING HILL BRIDGE FROM SOUTH END.
3. NORTH-NORTHWEST 3/4 VIEW OF KING HILL BRIDGE, SOUTH END.
4. WEST VIEW OF NORTH END OF KING HILL BRIDGE.
5. SOUTH-SOUTHEAST VIEW OF KING HILL BRIDGE FROM NORTH END.
6. SOUTH VIEW OF KING HILL BRIDGE FROM NORTH END.
7. NORTH VIEW OF SOUTH END OF KING HILL BRIDGE.
8. NORTHEAST VIEW OF 3/4 VIEW OF KING HILL BRIDGE FROM SOUTH END.
9. EAST VIEW OF WEST SIDE OF KING HILL BRIDGE - DETAIL, SOUTH END.
10. SOUTH VIEW OF KING HILL BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION PLAQUE.
Back to King Hill vicinity, Idaho