Idaho City Schoolhouse, School & Main Streets, Idaho City, Boise County, ID
See 21 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
School & Main Streets, Idaho City, ID
Find maps of Idaho City, ID
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ID-6
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-11).
Building/structure dates: 1891 initial construction
Significance: Constructed in 1891, this two-story farm building replaced the original schoolhouse on the same site, and was used for seven decades. One of Idaho City's historic structures, the schoolhouse possesses a number of interesting details such as a two-story central bay projecting off the front of the building, a steep gable roof capped with a belfry, and a series of peaked lintels, repeated over the doors and windows.
City & Town Halls
Tinker, F. V.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Duane Garrett, Photographer 1976 EAST (FRONT) ELEVATION
2. Duane Garrett, Photographer 1976 EAST AND NORTH ELEVATIONS
3. Duane Garrett, Photographer 1976 WEST AND SOUTH ELEVATIONS
4. Duane Garrett, Photographer 1976 DETAIL OF FRONT WINDOW
5. Duane Garrett, Photographer 1976 A CLASSROOM AT NORTHWEST CORNER OF FIRST FLOOR
6. Duane Garrett, Photographer 1976 DETAIL OF FIRST FLOOR STAIR
7. Photocopy of old photo shows the schoolhouse with dark painted window and door trim, 1948. Original photograph at Idaho Historical Society, Boise, Idaho.
Back to Idaho City, Idaho