Hornet Ranger Station, Office, Forest Service Road No. 50002, Council, Adams County, ID
Photo Caption Pages
Forest Service Road No. 50002, Council vicinity, ID
Find maps of Council, ID
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ID-110-B
Building/structure dates: 1934 initial construction
Significance: The Hornet Ranger Station forms important historical associations with two federal agencies: the U.S. Forest Service and the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Both of these agencies were instrumental in the regional development of the West during the first half of the twentieth century. / The Office/Dwelling is a one and one-half story structure, 29 feet 10 inches long (N-S) by 18 feet 4 inches. It measures 20 feet high from the ground to the peak of the roof. The dwelling/office consists of one large room. The rear portion has been divided to facilitate office storage. A small crawl space furnishes access to the attic.
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Photocopy of photograph of Office at Hornet Ranger Station. Original on file with the Payette National Forest, Supervisor's Office, McCall, Idaho. OFFICE, CA. 1936.
2. VIEW OF FRONT OF OFFICE, FACING NORTHEAST.
3. VIEW OF SIDE OF OFFICE, FACING WEST. STORAGE BUILDING IN BACKGROUND.
4. DETAIL OF REAR OF OFFICE, FACING WEST. BUNKHOUSE IS IN BACKGROUND.
5. DETAIL OF OFFICE UPPER FRONT, FACING NORTHEAST.
6. INTERIOR OF OFFICE FRONT ROOM, FACING SOUTHWEST.
7. INTERIOR OF OFFICE REAR STOREROOM, FACING NORTH.
8. INTERIOR OF OFFICE FRONT ROOM NORTHEAST WINDOW.
Back to Council vicinity, Idaho