Hornet Ranger Station, Garage, Forest Service Road No. 50002, Council, Adams County, ID
Photo Caption Pages
Forest Service Road No. 50002, Council vicinity, ID
Find maps of Council, ID
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ID-110-C
Building/structure dates: 1934 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1969 subsequent work
Significance: The Hornet Ranger Station forms important historical associations with two federal agencies: the U.S. Forest Service and the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Both of these agencies were instrumental in the regional development of the West during the first half of the twentieth century. / The Garage is a one story structure 36 feet (N-S) by 20 feet. Floor space is arranged so as to accommodate two parked vehicles and a partitioned storeroom.
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Photocopy of photograph of Garage at Hornet Ranger Station. Original on file with the Payette National Forest, Supervisor's Office, McCall, Idaho. GARAGE, CA. 1935.
2. VIEW OF SOUTHEAST CORNER OF GARAGE, FACING NORTH. REAR OF RANGER DWELLING IS IN BACKGROUND.
3. VIEW OF SOUTHWEST CORNER OF GARAGE, FACING NORTHEAST.
4. VIEW OF GARAGE FRONT, FACING NORTHEAST.
5. VIEW OF GARAGE INTERIOR, FACING NORTHEAST.
Back to Council vicinity, Idaho