Hornet Ranger Station, Fence, Forest Service Road No. 50002, Council, Adams County, ID
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Photo Caption Pages
Forest Service Road No. 50002, Council vicinity, ID
Find maps of Council, ID
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ID-110-O
Building/structure dates: 1913 initial construction
Significance: The Hornet Ranger Station forms important historical associations with two federal agencies: the U.S. Forest Service and the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Both of these agencies were instrumental in the regional development of the West during the first half of the twentieth century. / The four-strand barbed wire fence was recently used to restrict access to the area east of the residential portion of the complex. Originally, the wire fence, built in 1913 and realigned in 1918, was a portion of a 20-acre pasture fence. An approximate length of 180 feet is extant within the Hornet Ranger Station complex.
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF LARRY KINGSBURY, FOREST ARCHAEOLOGIST, STANDING NEXT TO FENCE REMNANT.
Back to Council vicinity, Idaho