Hornet Ranger Station, Bunkhouse, Forest Service Road No. 50002, Council, Adams County, ID
Photo Caption Pages
Forest Service Road No. 50002, Council vicinity, ID
Find maps of Council, ID
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ID-110-E
Building/structure dates: 1941 initial construction
Significance: The Hornet Ranger Station forms important historical associations with two federal agencies: the U.S. Forest Service and the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Both of these agencies were instrumental in the regional development of the West during the first half of the twentieth century. / The Bunkhouse is a rectangular one-story dwelling, 14.5 feet (E-W) by 24.5 feet. The structure measures 14.5 feet from the ground to the peak of the roof. It contains a kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom. Designed for the use of seasonal employees, it is situated centrally between the living and working portions of the complex.
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF FRONT OF BUNKHOUSE, FACING NORTHWEST. STORAGE BUILDING AND BLACKSMITH SHOP ARE IN BACKGROUND.
2. VIEW OF REAR OF BUNKHOUSE, FACING SOUTHEAST.
3. DETAIL OF SOUTHEAST CORNER OF BUNKHOUSE, FACING NORTHWEST.
4. INTERIOR OF BUNKHOUSE KITCHEN, FACING SOUTHWEST.
5. INTERIOR OF BUNKHOUSE KITCHEN, FACING NORTHEAST.
Back to Council vicinity, Idaho