Hetherington Confectionery & Ice Cream Shop, 319 High Avenue West, Oskaloosa, Mahaska County, IA
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Photo Caption Pages
319 High Avenue West, Oskaloosa, IA
Find maps of Oskaloosa, IA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS IA-173
Building/structure dates: 1900 initial construction
Significance: Contributing commercial structure. Unusual cornice with mock colonnade on the frieze. This structure was originally Hetherington Confectionary and Ice Cream Shop and remained so for more than thirty years. It was first owned and operated by John W. Hetherington and then was taken over by his wife Emma when he died in the 1930's.
Ice Cream Parlors
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. SOUTH FRONT
Back to Oskaloosa, Iowa