F. W. McCall's Marble Shop, 214 High Avenue West, Oskaloosa, Mahaska County, IA
Photo Caption Pages
214 High Avenue West, Oskaloosa, IA
Find maps of Oskaloosa, IA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS IA-169
Building/structure dates: 1874 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1984 demolished
Significance: McCall Monuments is one of Oskaloosa's oldest retail business establishments and is significant to the development of the western section of downtown. The business was founded in 1862 by Francis W. McCall, who built this building in 1874. The business remained in the McCall family until 1949.
McCall, Francis W.
McCurty, Wilber E.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. NORTH FRONT
2. EAST SIDE AND NORTH FRONT
3. NORTH FRONT, DETAIL OF STOREFRONT
Back to Oskaloosa, Iowa