Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home > Iowa > Davenport > Palmer Mansion, 808 Brady Street, Davenport, Scott County, IA



Data Pages


Drawings


Item Title


Location
808 Brady Street, Davenport, IA

Find maps of Davenport, IA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS IA-165
Building/structure dates: 1874 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1895 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1919 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1920 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1978 subsequent work
Significance: The Palmer Mansion was constructed in 1874 in the then-popular Mansard Style by Louis C. Dessaint, owner of a local lumber mill. It was sold to F.H. Handcock in 1886 and to William D. Petersen in 1895, at which time it was redecorated, electrified and a new radiator system installed. In 1912 B.J. Palmer purchased the house which has since remained with the family and the Palmer College of Chiropractic.

Related Names
Handcock, F. H.
Peterson, William D.


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Davenport, Iowa