Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Hawaii

>

Wahiawa vicinity

>

Naval Computer & Telecommunications Area Station, Enlisted Men's Barracks, West corner of Central Street & Midway Drive, Wahiawa, Honolulu County, HI



B&W Photos

HB395899
BWPhotos 333657

HB395900
BWPhotos 333658

HB395901
BWPhotos 333659

HB395902
BWPhotos 333660

HB395903
BWPhotos 333661


Item Title
BWPhotos 333661

Location
West corner of Central Street & Midway Drive, Wahiawa vicinity, HI

Find maps of Wahiawa, HI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS HI-352-A
Significance: The first communication station in Hawaii was activated in September 1916 at Hospital Point, Pearl Harbor. In 19020, a receiver station was constructed at Wailupe in East Honolulu. The station was capable of processing six messages simultaneously and was considered to be one of the largest in the world. In 1936, a new transmitter facility was completed at Lualualei Valley. ...

Subjects
Barracks
Officers' Quarters


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Wahiawa vicinity, Hawaii