U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Pyrotechnic Magazine, Kingfisher Street flanked by Ranger Loop & Wasp Bo, Pearl Harbor, Honolulu County, HI
See 3 maps of this location
Kingfisher Street flanked by Ranger Loop & Wasp Bo, Pearl Harbor, HI
Find maps of Pearl Harbor, HI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS HI-363
Building/structure dates: 1941 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1980 subsequent work
National Register Number: 66000940
Significance: Facility S172 was built in 1941, during the expansion of the Naval Air Station at Ford Island in the period preceding World War II. Facility S172 is in a small grouping of ammunition storage buildings that were designed and built at the same time. This building is associated with the support of aircraft carrier operations during World War II. The building has great integrity of design, location, setting, materials, workmanship, feeling and association. The structure is still used for its original function and remains an integral part of this early 1940s group of Naval Air Station buildings. It has been evaluated as contributing to the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark.
Magazines (military Buildings)
Dye, Dot, Field Team
Franzen, David, Photographer
Yoklavich, Ann, Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii