Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Hawaii

>

Pearl Harbor

>

U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Inert Ammunition Storehouses, Avocet and Kingfisher Streets, Pearl Harbor, Honolulu County, HI



Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Avocet and Kingfisher Streets, Pearl Harbor, HI

Find maps of Pearl Harbor, HI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS HI-398
Building/structure dates: 1940 initial construction
National Register Number: 66000940
Significance: Facility Nos. 170 and 171 were built as part of the development of the Naval Air Station at Ford Island in the period preceding WWII. They originally served as inert storehouses. These were two of six buildings with functions related to ammunition storage in the Ranger Loop grouping. These buildings and others nearby are associated with the support of aircraft carrier operations during WWII. They have great integrity of design, location, setting, materials, workmanship, feeling, and association. These structures remain an integral part of this early 1940s group of Naval Air Station buildings. They are contributing elements to the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark.

Subjects
War (World War II)
Military Facilities
Storehouses


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
Facility No. 170, oblique view of south end and west side
Facility No. 170, partial view of west side with loading ramp
Facility No. 170, view of south end
Facility No. 170, tight oblique view of east side
Facility No. 171, oblique view of west side and north end, with Facility Nos. 170 and S169 in the background
Facility no. 170, interior of southern portion, being used as carpentry shop


Back to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii