U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Gymnasium, West Loch, Arizona Loop, Pearl Harbor, Honolulu County, HI
Photo Caption Pages
Arizona Loop, Pearl Harbor, HI
Find maps of Pearl Harbor, HI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS HI-167
Building/structure dates: 1932 initial construction
National Register Number: 66000940
Significance: The U.S. Naval Base at Pearl Harbor was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1964. Building No. 9, a 61-year old building, is classified as a Category 1 structure. The building is located within the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark near the waterfront at West Loch. As a Category 1 structure, it has been determined that Building No. 9 constituted a prominent element of the National Historic Landmark and played a major role in the operation of the Pearl Harbor Naval Base.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. FRONT AND SOUTH SIDE VIEW OF BUILDING NO. 9 FACING NORTHWEST.
2. REAR AND NORTH SIDE VIEW OF BUILDING NO. 9 FACING SOUTHEAST.
3. REAR VIEW OF BUILDING NO. 9 FACING NORTHEAST.
4. INTERIOR VIEW OF BUILDING NO. 9 FACING SOUTHEAST.
5. VIEW OF FRONT ENTRANCE TO BUILDING NO. 9 FACING WEST SHOWING LANAI AND VENTILATING DORMERS ON ROOF.
6. CLOSE-UP VIEW OF WINDOWS AT BUILDING NO. 9 FACING WEST.
Back to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii