U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Fleet Squadron Storehouse, Avocet Street between Wasp Boulevard & Ranger Loop, Pearl Harbor, Honolulu County, HI
Avocet Street between Wasp Boulevard & Ranger Loop, Pearl Harbor, HI
Find maps of Pearl Harbor, HI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS HI-372
Building/structure dates: 1941 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1966 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1980 subsequent work
National Register Number: 66000940
Significance: Facility 167 was built in 1941, during the expansion of the Naval Air Station at Ford Island in the period preceding World War II. Facility 167 is in a small grouping of buildings that were designed and constructed at the same time, to support aircraft carrier operations during World War II. The building has integrity of location, design, setting, materials, workmanship, feeling, and association. The structure remains an integral part of this early 1940s group of Naval Air Station buildings. It has been evaluated as contributing to the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark.
Dye, Dot, Field Team
Franzen, David, Photographer
Yoklavich, Ann, Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii