Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Hawaii

>

Pearl Harbor

>

U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Dry Provisions Storehouse, Quincy Avenue at North Road, Pearl Harbor, Honolulu County, HI



Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Quincy Avenue at North Road, Pearl Harbor, HI

Find maps of Pearl Harbor, HI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS HI-434
Building/structure dates: 1942 initial construction
National Register Number: 66000940
Significance: Facility No. 479 is associated with the build up of facilities at the Naval Base in the early 1940s. It is one of a group of permanent storehouses that were vital to the supply functions at Pearl Harbor during WWII. This building is associated with the development of additional storage facilities on fill land at Kuahua Peninsula, and with the war efforts to supply the base, other installations in the district, and the advance lines. This structure remains an integral part of the early 1940s group of Naval Station Supple Depot buildings. Facility No. 479 is a concrete storehouse of a distinctive type, period, and method of construction. It is a contributing element to the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark.

Subjects
War (World War II)
Warehouses
Military Facilities


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
Oblique view of east end and south side
View of south side
View of west end
Oblique view of west end and north side
Interior of second floor


Back to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii