Ewa Plantation Company Industrial Center, Sugar Warehouse, Honouliuli Plain, near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, Honolulu County, HI
See 3 maps of this location
near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, HI
Find maps of Ewa, HI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS HI-384-A
Building/structure dates: 1925 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1969 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1990 subsequent work
Significance: This facility is the only remaining building in the Industrial Center that was connected to the original sugar mill, and that represents a stage in the sugar milling process. Along with Facility No. 22, a 1923 machine shop that is being retained, and Facility No. 21, a 1920s shop slated for demolition, this sugar warehouse is one of the oldest extant building in the Ewa Plantation Company Industrial Center, dating from about 1925.
Franzen, David, Photographer
Yoklavich, Ann, Historian
Zagorski, Mike, Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Ewa, Hawaii