Ewa Plantation Company Industrial Center, Shop & Foundry, Honouliuli Plain, near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, Honolulu County, HI
See 3 maps of this location
near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, HI
Find maps of Ewa, HI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS HI-384-B
Building/structure dates: 1920 initial construction
Significance: Along with Facility No. 17 and Facility No. 22, this is one of three 1920s buildings in the EPC industrial center that existed into the twenty-first century. This shop and foundry was part of the early infrastructure needed to insure the smooth functioning of the plantation. The original and later shops that operated in this building did a variety of repair and maintenance work. The simple architecture of this building allowed varying uses over the years.
Franzen, David, Photographer
Yoklavich, Ann, Historian
Zagorski, Mike, Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Ewa, Hawaii