Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Hawaii

>

Ewa

>

Ewa Plantation Company Industrial Center, Lumber Shed, Honouliuli Plain, near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, Honolulu County, HI



See 3 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB400384
BWPhotos 209420

HB400385
BWPhotos 209421

HB400386
BWPhotos 209422

HB400387
BWPhotos 209423


Item Title
BWPhotos 209423

Location
near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, HI

Find maps of Ewa, HI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS HI-384-D
Building/structure dates: 1939 initial construction
Significance: This building is associated with the history of the Ewa Plantation Company. It represents a ca. 1939 addition to the EPC Industrial Center, in conformance with the plan in the 1938 Annual Report. This building held the lumber that was necessary for maintaining and repairing the buildings on the plantation. Because of its simple structure, it is one of the least altered buildings in the EPC Industrial Center. It is also significant because it was built of recycled materials, illustrating the frugal decisions that dominated the plantation business.

Subjects
Sugar Industry
Maintenance
Lumber Industry


Related Names
Bond, J. D.
Franzen, David, Photographer
Yoklavich, Ann, Historian
Zagorski, Mike, Delineator


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Ewa, Hawaii