Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Hawaii

>

Ewa

>

Ewa Plantation Company Industrial Center, Iron & Steel Supply Shed, Honouliuli Plain, near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, Honolulu County, HI



See 3 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB400431
BWPhotos 209424

HB400432
BWPhotos 209425

HB400433
BWPhotos 209426

HB400434
BWPhotos 209427


Item Title
BWPhotos 209427

Location
near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, HI

Find maps of Ewa, HI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS HI-384-E
Building/structure dates: 1940 initial construction
Significance: This building is associated with the history of the Ewa Plantation Company. It represents a 1940 addition to the EPC Industrial Center, generally in conformance with the plan in the 1938 Annual Report, but with a slightly different function. This building held the iron and steel supplies that were necessary to maintaining and repairing the equipment and machinery on the plantation. It is a distinctive building type that represents the industrial character of the plantation workplace.

Subjects
Sugar Industry
Sheds
Storage


Related Names
Bond, J. D.
Franzen, David, Photographer
Yoklavich, Ann, Historian
Zagorski, Mike, Delineator


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Ewa, Hawaii