Ewa Plantation Company Industrial Center, Building Covering Cane Car Repair Pit, Honouliuli Plain, near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, Honolulu County, HI
See 3 maps of this location
near intersection of Renton Road, Ewa, HI
Find maps of Ewa, HI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS HI-384-C
Building/structure dates: 1948 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1990 subsequent work
Significance: This building is associated with the period at Ewa Plantation Company when cane cars on rail lines were used to haul sugar cane into the mill. It also represents the plantation's adaptive reuse of the building after the switch from cane cars to trucks in 1948.
Automobile Service Stations
Bond, J. D.
Franzen, David, Photographer
Yoklavich, Ann, Historian
Zagorski, Mike, Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Ewa, Hawaii