Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Georgia

>

Thomasville

>

Thomas County Courthouse, Broad Street, Thomasville, Thomas County, GA



See 21 maps of this location


Data Pages


Drawings


Item Title


Location
Broad Street, Thomasville, GA

Find maps of Thomasville, GA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS GA-216
Significance: Original three story 48'x80' rectangular section with four column Greek Revival portico was built in 1858, John Wind, architect, H.C. & W. Bowen, builders. This structure replaced earlier courthouses on 1827 and 1849 and originally housed both inferior court of Thomas County and the "Town Hall." Courthouse was modified in 1888, Eaves & Wase, contractors, at which time the portico was enclosed, new entrance stairway provided, and new windows and doors with sheet metal trim were added. A clock was added to the cupola in 1909, one story flanking wings were added to the front and rear in 1918-1919 and 1922, and the Classic Revival annex was built in 1937.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Thomasville, Georgia