Central of Georgia Railway, Up Freight Warehouse, 227 West Broad Street (at rear of Gray Building), Savannah, Chatham County, GA
Photo Caption Pages
227 West Broad Street (at rear of Gray Building), Savannah, GA
Find maps of Savannah, GA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER GA-53-A
Building/structure dates: 1854 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1898 subsequent work
National Register Number: 76000610
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. View looking SE at N (Hull St.) elevation.
2. View looking W at N (Hull St.) elevation.
3. View of typical entry off Hull Street.
4. View of another entry off Hull Street.
5. View of original wall and gate opening (now altered) at end of warehouse on Hull Street.
6. Detail of gate opening off Hull Street.
7. View looking E at S (Dooley Yard) elevation.
8. View looking E at S elevation of older portion of warehouse.
9. Standing under overhang on S side of warehouse looking E up track toward Gray Building.
10. Standing under overhang on S side of warehouse looking W down track.
11. Interior view of roof trusses.
12. Angled view of roof truss.
13. Detail showing intersection of roof truss with brick wall.
14. View from interior of sliding double-leaf door.
Back to Savannah, Georgia